Monday, December 4, 2006

Start Brewing People!

This blog is about homebrewing beer... as it relates to me, possibly. Anyhow, I got into this hobby a little after the year 2005 started. That being said, I am a relative newbie. So far I have about 10 brews under my belt, mostly German styles... but, a couple of American.

If you want to get started homebrewing, and I suggest you do because it is so easy and and entertaining, if not a little labor intensive... The beer you make will be better than the largest of beermakers. In addition, you CAN not die from making bad beer. In fact, it would be hard to get sick from bad beer, because you would probably just not end up drinking it due to some off flavors.

... here are some books to get you started, listed in order of favor.

1. How To Brew (latest ed 3rd), by John Palmer (www.howtobrew.com)
2. Designing Great Beers, by Ray Daniels
3. The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, by Charlie Papazian

I will start posting my recipes, and I hope to get opinions and such

No comments: