Friday, December 15, 2006

Cheapest Mashtun, ever

Here is my mashtun, a work of genius.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, this could be the most low budget mashtun ever constructed. All of the materials cost about $15 or so... And, I pulled off about 75% efficiency batch sparging with it.

The materials...
1. 25 quart cooler
2. SS braid
3. 4 zip ties
4. hose

...and get this, the SS braid is not even being held down to the bottom of the cooler. I make sure it sits on the bottom while I put my grain into the water. Before I collect my runnings, I confirm it is sitting on the bottom by pressing it down with my mash stirrer.

Who ever said all-grain brewing had to be expensive. The cooler does not even have a hole in it. Can someone please pimp my mashtun? Actually, there is no need. :)

No comments: